Friday, January 20, 2012

Closed Audition at D.R.E.A.M. Studios in Springfield, MA

Last night was an exciting night for me. I was given the opportunity to hold a closed audition for my upcoming stage play, with several kids from D.R.E.A.M. Studios in Springfield, MA. The D.R.E.A.M. (Dramatically Reaching Everyone’s Artistic Mentality) Studios Owner, Benjamin Smith, opened his doors for me and allowed me to experience the energy of his performing arts studio. The students that he works with range from young elementary aged kids, up to achieving high school students.
Yesterday, I auditioned several kids to play the parts of my ten year old characters that will open up the play. The kids read parts from ten year olds, Jesse, Sharee and the lead character, Kalen Brown. Each one of the students at D.R.E.A.M. Studio was excellent, well behaved and so involved in the auditioning process. I was completely blown away by how motivated and excited they were to read the character sides that were given to them.
Also, to actually hear my character being read to me brought the development of my play in motion. Having the kids put a voice to my characters really excited me and made me see where this play can go.
From the readings, we also recorded all of the kids who participated in the readings. My intern, Rhea Pascal did an excellent job of getting everything recorded. From there, I will see who I will be calling in for a second reading.
This was a great pre-audition that has gotten me ready for the first open audition that will be held on Monday, January 23, 2012 at American International College. The audition will take place in the Campus Center’s, Bradley room, located on the second floor of the building. Information has been posted on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. I am doing my best to get the word out to as many people as possible.
This play is going to be a defining moment for me as an author, motivational speaker and now, play-write. I am doing my best to achieve my goals as being a strong advocate for education and the development of the arts. From writing to acting, I will continue to do my best to reach as many people as I can. My passion is great and hopefully, everyone will see how dedicated I am to living me D.R.E.A.M.

4 comments:

  1. Good work Keshawn. I know the play will be an exicting depiction of the book. The youth in our group are very excited to attend the play as well after reading your book. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your response. I hope that they enjoy both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good write up on DREAM studios and your play. The show will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ben, I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete