Thursday, February 23, 2012

3AM Inspiration

I woke up this morning at 3am and couldn’t go back to sleep. I was wondering at first if I was just bothered by something or if I just had to use the bathroom, LOL, but it wasn’t any of that. I woke up inspired and driven and I couldn’t force myself back to sleep. So…I stayed in my comfortable bed, laying next to my sleeping wife and started to go through each scene of my upcoming stage play, “Who’s On my Side?” I imagined all of the actors that Benjamin Smith and I chose to play the characters in the play, acting out each scene and speaking every line that they have studied. I also imagined them moving and acting out each scene. As my thoughts become more vivid and I became more and more inspired.

As my mind continued to develop each act of the play, I became very comfortable with moving forward with this project. For the first time, I was able to see everything as I wanted it to be. I could tell right from that moment, I wasn’t awaken from my sleep because I was annoyed, agitated or stressed, I was comfortable, confident and inspired to be able to create something that will begin a powerful movement in my life and in the lives of the people that will be involved in this project.
After I completed the mental walk through of the stage play, I quickly went to what else I needed to do to continue to make this a success. From working with Darryl Moss on promoting the book, to working with Ben Smith and my “Who’s On My Side?” family, to create the best play ever, I quickly realized that the development of this play is in great hands. I couldn’t help myself, but I just smiled and said, “Thank you Lord for this opportunity.” I understood that the warmth and the calmness of my mind and heart that I was feeling was not from being wrapped up comfortably in my warm blankets, it was the strength of my faith in the Lord that made everything feel so right.
I am not afraid to say that I am a blessed man. I am not afraid to walk towards the completion of this stage play because I know that in my heart that everything will be okay. God has my back with this and I am confident that he will carry me when I need to be carried. I am truly thankful that I am in a place in life that I can develop my dreams and share them with everyone around me. I am so inspired with every breath that I take and I am ready to make, “Who’s On My Side?” shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment