Friday, February 3, 2012

Benjamin Smith of D.R.E.A.M. Studios Signs on as Co-Director

When the Lord blesses you, he blesses you VERY well. After pushing forward with the development of my first stage play and conducting a couple of auditions to find my actors, I was still feeling the stress of being way out of my comfort zone as an author and motivational speaker, but with great support in the background, I was able to move forward with making my dream of adding play-write to my title. As of January 30th, I was placed back into my comfort zone and my confidence to move forward shot through the roof. I am proud to announce that my Benjamin Smith of D.R.E.A.M. Studios has signed on to become the co-Director of the stage play. Like I said, when the Lord blesses you, he blesses you well. I now will be working closely with the ‘Tom Brady’ of performing arts in Springfield, MA.


A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE NEW CO-DIRECTOR
Springfield native Benjamin D. Smith, a product of Putnam Vocational Technical High School, in Springfield, MA and graduated from Florida A & M University where he studied theater and graduated and with his BS in Business Administration and Economics. Mr. Smith is the founder and Executive Director of Dream Studios Inc. (Dramatically Reaching Everyone's Artistic Mentality) in Springfield, MA. which is a non-profit agency that was created to introduce community youths to the performing arts and to strengthen them academically. D.R.E.A.M. also offers after school programs and summer camps that focus on Drama, Vocal Training, Dance, Academic & Career Counseling and support groups for women, teens and youth.
Benjamin is also an Event Planner, Grant Writer and Graphic Artist who freelances both in Massachusetts and New York. He has managerial and accounting experience both from the profit and nonprofit sectors. With all of this beneath his belt he is also an accomplished actor, director and a playwright and has acted on stages all across the country.
Through D.R.E.A.M. Studios, Mr. Smith has helped hundreds of youth and adults alike reach their artistic goals. His most noted accomplishments have been placing some of his youth on the national tour with the “Lion King.” Benjamin has also had some of his students perform on Broadway and also roles in movies and television. Benjamin Smith is a true pioneer for the arts and is well respected in the field.
This is a true blessing to have such strength and guidance with the development of my first stage play. With Benjamin right next to me, every step of the way, I am sure that we will bring you a top notch, well respected play that will leave your mind and soul wanting more.
This journey to May 12, 2012, will be a great one. Thank you God for your continued blessings.

3 comments:

  1. That Benjamin Smith is Something Else congrats on booking him. I've seen a few productions that he has produced an none were short of amazing. Good luck to you on this production. I will be buying four tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark, I know that I am very blessed to have Ben on board. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Both of you Guys! Im glad to get in where I fit in....

    ReplyDelete