Monday, August 9, 2010

My Road to Scholastic!!!

Well, as I am getting ready for the re-release of my book series, I just took this little time to look back at the humble beginnings of my Menzuo S.W. Series. As it started in the Baystate Hospital, in1996, my best friend, Marcu McDowell, I am actually seeing everything clearly. It feels like I hacve been reborn with this project and I have a new spirit to  continue writing.

My journey with this series will be called, "My road to Scholastic." It is called this becuase I am going on an intense journey to get Scholastic to publish my book series within the next year. This means that I have to stay focused and present each book that I put out as the next best thing for our youth to read.

I have a great team of people that have dedicted their time to help my out in the process. From my illustrator, Carl Harrison, My marketing team: Beatrice Dewberry-O'Quinn and Natalia Munoz, my brother in-law, Carl Skeene, who is creating the Website, and my editor, Laurie Macy. With these people in place, I feel like the sky is the limit.

I hope that you all are rooting for me because, I am not making this journey on my own. I will need all of the support that I can get from each and every one of you. My success depends on the support from my city, and beyond. I hope that every one jumps on the band wagon because there is a lot of room.

WISH ME LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment