Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Who's On My Side? The Story of Kalen Brown - Stage Play - Kalen's Character Discription and Script

Kalen Brown – 18 yrs. Old
Kalen Brown is the lead character. He has an unstable mindset as he is in search of a male role-model. He has been physically and mentally abused by his alcoholic father, Michael Brown. Confused about his future as he deals with his abusive father. He finds himself trying his best to impress Big Boss (A major Gun Dealer) as he sees him as a possible father figure.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I guess I made it, mom. It’s been a tough road, but I made to graduation.
(Leans forward and picks up her picture. Strokes it)
I miss you so much. I wish that you could see me walk across the stage today. It’s not like my father will be there. He’ll probably be off, making out to a liquor bottle as usual.
(Shakes his head)
Mom, I often wonder how my life would be if you were still here. I know that I wouldn’t have been beaten like this for the past ten years. My life would probably have a purpose instead so much uncertainty. I should have the next four years of my life set, but Michael put a hold to that. He is so evil, and sometimes I swear that he’d rather see me dead than in this house.
(Hugs his mother’s picture)
I want out of this hell hole so badly, mom. I just don’t know how to get out of it. I don’t have a job, I don’t have that many options in front of me, but I know one thing, after this summer, I’m leaving to go somewhere other than this. I’ve taken too much of his anger and my mind isn’t strong enough to continue to face it. (Pulls the picture back) What’s that you say? Oh, Jesse and Sharee? They are the only good things about growing up over here. If it wasn’t for my two best friends, I don’t know what I would have done with my life. Jesse and Sharee are very good to me. They have been on my side all of these years and have protected me as much as they can from that devil, but you know as well as I do, Michael is my father and I did have to face him from time to time. I just wish that he was like a normal father. Someone that I could look up to, someone I would want to grow up to be like, not someone who strikes fear into the depths of my soul or someone that I hate with a passion.
(Sighs)
I know that hate is a strong word, but how can you love someone who takes out all of his frustration on you whenever he can? It’s just not fair and now I’m graduating high school and feel all alone. You were the only one who really loved me and I wish that you could be here with me, just one last time.
(Places the picture back on the table as a horn beeps)
Well, I guess this is it, momma. I’m off to get my diploma. I hope that you have a good seat up there in heaven.
(Blows a kiss to the ceiling)
I love you, so much, momma. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment